A Blog: One Small Step for a Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind!

4 minute read


Hello World!

I admit that blogging has never been one of my favorite things to do in the past but one does not know about own future after all! My conclusion at this point was to start a blog for myself. Of course i am not in a position to give advice but i highly recommend you to think about starting your own blog right now whether you have an audience or not. Who cares!

Here’s why i start blogging:

To organzine/process thoughts and learn

Blogging forces you to teach yourself what you don’t know and to articulate what you do know. When you begin writing a blog post, you are forced to organize your thoughts. If there are any gaps in the topic that you are writing about, you will have to learn about it. Writing out and articulating your thoughts is a great way to internalize something you’ve learned or experienced. Writing helps you become more familiar with the topic you’re writing about.

To share expertise

For bloggers who have some knowledge of a subject and the heart of a teacher, they may blog to share that know-how with others.

To share experiences

Some bloggers use their blog as a way to document their own progress while learning something new. Whether it’s trying new business ideas, learning a programming language, or even building a house from scratch, these bloggers share the ups and downs and lessons learned with their readers.

To improve writing ability

One thing that’s self-explanatory is that starting a blog has a huge impact on your ability to write. Through writing often, you’ll also get a good idea of what people respond to. This stretches your creativity, helping you write more about what people love to read. And in turn, that translates into a larger audience.

To confront fears

For me, blogging was an effective way for me to break out of my shell. As an anxious introvert, I found it hard to put myself out there and allow my thoughts and ideas to be heard. Blogging gave me a platform to shout from – a way to confront my fear of being noticed. And in doing so I realized there are people out there just like me. There are many other ways to use blogging to confront your fears. It can be used to overcome impostor syndrome and feelings of not being good enough. Writing about a topic you’re fearful of can be cathartic and help you work through those emotions.

To meet new people

One thing that can’t be denied, is that starting a blog, exposes you to a huge community of new people. For each blogging niche, there is a lively community to go with it. For each blogging, there is a lively community to go with it. What’s wonderful about this is it provides a great way for you to meet new, like minded people. It will be easier to make friends since you share common interests. And, you’ll find blogging communities are not only welcoming but helpful to new bloggers too.

To express oneself

Blogging enables you to be your own media company. You can tell your story the way you want to tell it without being dependent on journalists. When you are writing about a topic of your own interest, you can decide how to portray a story, what information to include, and what information to exclude. Blogging allows you to ensure that all information included in the blog is factual.

To be a creator

Do you know only 1 percent of Internet users actively create new content, while the other 99 percent of the participants simply view it. By blogging, you separate yourself from the 99 percent of people that don’t blog.

To document life

Let’s go back to the early days of blogging. A blog was where you would write about the happenings of your every-day life. I think I may even have an old LiveJournal dedicated to just that, hidden away somewhere. Blogging to document your life, is a wonderful way to reflect. Past joys and past mistakes, can all be learned from to some extent. So having somewhere to store those memories, can help you see how far you’ve come and how much you’ve learned.

rocket ship launching. photo by SpaceX

Leave a Comment